You can make these less spicy by using mild pepper and mild chile powder or make it more spicy by using hotter peppers and chile powder. And of course, you can add extra spice with your choice of condiments, like peppers or salsa.
- 1 pound ground chicken and beef
- 1 4-ounce can of diced chiles (hot or mild, your choice)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (hot or mild, your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (any good melting cheese will work)
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground meat, chiles and chili powder.
- Divide the meat into four portions. Shape each portion into a half-moon shape that will fit into your tortilla. We used 6-inch tortillas and made the burgers slightly smaller that the tortillas - keep in mind that the tortillas need to wrap the meat.
- Heat your EGG for direct cooking to approximately 350°F.
- Sprinkle the burgers with salt as desired and cook, flipping as needed, until just about done.
- Divide the cheese onto the tops of the four burgers, close the EGG and let them cook until the cheese is almost melted.
- When the cheese is almost melted, place the tortillas on the grill (on a cooler part of the grill, if possible.)
- Place the burgers on the tortillas and close the grill again.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are warmed.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings. (We used guacamole and pickled jalapenos. Other options are shredded lettuce, salsa, cilantro, crema or chopped fresh tomatoes)