This recipe was originally published at HungrySquared.com
- 3 pounds of grass-fed Aussie lamb shoulder, tied
- 1 cup of hickory wood chips, soaked for 30 minutes
- 2 cups of apple juice in a heat-safe dish
- Flour or corn tortillas for serving
For the Rub:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Real Salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Penzeys Arizona Dreaming spice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
For the slaw:
- 1/2 cup red and orange bell pepper, sliced into
- 1/2 cup jicama, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
For the tzatziki sauce:
- 1 medium yellow onion, grated
- 1 cucumber, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups full fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients for the tzatziki sauce in a medium bowl.
For the Lamb:
- Combine all of the rub ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the lamb in the mixing bowl and get rubbing!
- Set your EGG for indirect cooking at 225°F.
- Add your favorite smoking wood (we suggest hickory chips).
- On the ConvEGGtor, you're going to put a heat safe dish full of apple juice.
- Place the lamb on the cooking grate and smoke the lamb for 6 hours.
- For ideal shredding and crust, you're aiming for a safe internal temperature around 160°F.
- Let the meat rest for up to 30 minutes.
- Take 2 forks and shred the meat.
- Put it all together by taking a tortilla, put in some slaw, add some lamb, and top with tzatziki sauce.
- Garnish with dill.