This superb collection of recipes for the barbecue and grill is not only bold, it shares many grilling secrets from expert chefs. The recipes deliver flavors that will blow away the toughest critic in the family.
Each recipe has tips on how to build that bold flavor before, during and after barbecuing. The authors provide instructions for barbecuing or grilling virtually any food. From planking and rotisserie cooking to barbecuing a whole hog or lamb, from grilling "all piastra" to "alla brace," from stir-grilling to grill-roasting, from grilling foods wrapped in a banana leaf to grilling with a kiss of smoke, and from achieving a "bark" on barbecued pork shoulder to herb grilling, this book reveals all. Bringing a steak to that perfect "black and blue" or any other degree of doneness is easier than ever.
Here is a sampling of the recipes, which yield delectable results every time:
- Slow-smoked country-style ribs
- Black and blue beef sirloin served over greens
- Red-hot grilled wings with cold Maytag blue cheese dipping sauce
- Lamb souvlaki with grilled pita bread and Greek yogurt sauce
- Arctic char with grilled lemon halves
- Planked shrimp with garlic chive butter and ciabatta
- Prairie-style smoked bison chili
- Brie and pepper stuffed portobellos
- Grilled apple rings with cider bourbon cream sauce
A special chapter is devoted to rubs, brines, mops, sops, bastes, glazes, BBQ sauces, slathers, vinaigrettes, pestos, flavored butters and dipping sauces. Also included are charts for every type of food and cooking technique as well as an encyclopedia of ingredients.