We’re not sure when the first person decided to include the Big Green Egg in our November holiday tradition, but we do know that the EGG can make it a memorable Thanksgiving meal! If you have holiday entertaining on your schedule, look no farther than this collection of special holiday ideas.
- 1 turkey, cleaned thoroughly
- poultry seasoning
- 1 whole onion cut in half
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 cups chicken broth, wine or water
- Set the EGG up for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 325°F/163°C. Use a handful of pecan chips for a light, smoky flavor and to provide a deep brown color to the turkey.
- Spread the seasoning generously over the outside of the bird. Load the bird onto a Vertical Poultry Roaster or Rib and Roasting Rack, then place into a drip pan. Add the onion and celery to the drip pan. Fill the pan with chicken broth, wine, or water.
- Cook for 12 minutes per pound until the turkey has reached a safe minimum internal temperature of 165°F/74°C throughout the product. Reserve the drippings from the drip pan to make gravy.