ANCHO CHILI PORK CHOPS with CARAMELIZED PEACHES
Recipe adapted from Salsa-ology.com
- 1 lb of Pork Chops
- 1 Tbsp Dry Rub
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Peaches pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper, ground
- ½ cup bourbon
Dry Rub Ingredients
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Ancho chili powder
- ½ tsp black pepper, ground
- ¾ tsp coriander seeds, ground
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
- Set your EGG for direct cooking without the convEGGtor; bring the EGG to 550°F.
- Mix the dry rub ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Coat both sides of the pork chops with the dry rub. Sear all four sides of the pork chops over direct flames for 30 seconds per side.
- Remove chops from the grill and set aside.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the grill grate.
- Let the skillet preheat for 5-10 minutes, or until it has heated enough to sauté.
- Melt the butter in the cast iron pan and sauté the shallots and the garlic until soft.
- Add the peaches, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté until the peaches start to brown and soften.
- Remove pan from the grill and deglaze with the bourbon.
- Place the pork chops on the bed of peaches and close the grill lid.
- Cook the chops until they reach an internal temperature of 140°F.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the grill and let the pork chops rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the pork chops and serve with the bourbon caramelized peaches.
Share this ANCHO CHILI PORK CHOPS with CARAMELIZED PEACHES recipe with your friends!