APPLE CRUMBLE w/ CHERRY & PEACH JAM
- ¾ cup of butter + extra butter for greasing
- 1 ¾ cups of flour
- 1 ¼ cups + ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 apples
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4-6 tbsp cherry jam (with pieces of fruit)
- 4-6 tbsp peach jam (with pieces of fruit)
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 350°F/175°C.
- Grease a cast iron skillet with extra butter.
- Cut the butter into small cubes. Mix the flour and the 1 ¼ cup of brown sugar in a bowl. Add the butter and egg yolk, mix together and mix with an electric mixer with dough hooks until a nice crumbly dough forms.
- Line the Cast Iron Skillet with two-thirds of the crumbly dough by pressing it into the skillet. Make a raised edge about an inch high. Peel and core the apples. Cut the apples into thin slices and sprinkle with
- lemon juice. Arrange the apple slices in an overlapping circle across the dough bottom so that the bottom is covered completely and sprinkle with cinnamon. Crumble the remaining dough over the apples. Spread the cherry jam and peach jam over the tart with a spoon and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of sugar.
- Place the Skillet on the grid, close the lid of the EGG and bake the apple crumble for about 30 minutes until golden brown and ready.
Share this APPLE CRUMBLE w/ CHERRY & PEACH JAM recipe with your friends!