BIG, BAD, BEEF RIBS with BEER
- 1 Rack Beef Plate Short Ribs, 3-4 bones, and 5-6 pounds
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, coarsely ground
- Granulated garlic
- 1 bottle dark beer
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking, with the convEGGtor at 265°F with a small amount of oak wood added for flavor.
- Peel the membrane from the bone side of the ribs.
- Brush the ribs all over with a light coating of olive oil.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper and lightly with the granulated garlic.
- Place the ribs directly on the cooking grate bone side down and cook for 2 hours.
- Flip the ribs and cook for another hour or until the ribs are deep golden brown.
- Place the ribs in a foil pan and pour the beer over them.
- Cover tightly with foil and return to the EGG.
- Continue cooking until the ribs are very tender to the touch and have reached an internal temp of at least 200°. The ribs will shrink quite a bit. This should take another 2-3 hours but they’re not done until they are very tender.
- Remove the ribs from the pan and cut into individual bones.
- Serve whole or cut into serving sized pieces.
- Serve with white bread, pickles, raw onion slices and barbecue sauce on the side.
Share this BIG, BAD, BEEF RIBS with BEER recipe with your friends!