Bourbon & Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes on the Big Green Egg
Easy side dishes that everyone loves can be really hard to find... especially during the holidays. But today, we have a winner! These Brown Sugar Roasted Sweet Potatoes come together with only a few ingredients and are going to be a fan favorite in your house during Thanksgiving.
- 5 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Orange Juice
- 3 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Orange Zest
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Set up your EGG for direct cooking at 350°F.
- Once up to temp, place your enameled dutch oven into the EGG to preheat (about 10 minutes).
- Combine your water, orange juice, brown sugar, vanilla, orange zest, cinnamon, and salt in the dutch oven. Mix together well.
- Add your sweet potatoes and arrange evenly in the dutch oven.
- Place your lid on the dutch oven, close the EGG dome, and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Once your sweet potatoes are mostly tender, remove the lid and add your bourbon and butter to the mixture.
- With the lid removed, cook for another 15 minutes.
- Once finished, remove from the EGG and let cool for 10 minutes.
Be sure to follow us on our social channels:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/outdoorhome
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/outdoorhome417
Twitter - https://twitter.com/outdoorhome
Share this Bourbon & Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes on the Big Green Egg recipe with your friends!