Breakfast on the Big Green Egg
You may have your steaks, burgers, and ribs on lock... but how’s your breakfast game? If you’re only firing up the grill during the PM hours, you’re really missing out. So in this video, we're going to put an end to the boring mornings you're used to with a cast-iron skillet recipe for sausage, egg, and potato hash all cooked on the Big Green Egg.
Getting a crispy Crispy Chorizo and Potato Breakfast Hash on your Big Green Egg is easy to do. Looking for a delicious breakfast option to cook on your grill look no further than this recipe!
- 1lb of your favorite sausage
- 1 pound gold new potatoes
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced poblano pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- 6 eggs
- Preheat the Big Green Egg to 400°F using indirect setup
- Quarter the potatoes
- Remove the sausage from it's packaging
- Dice the yellow onion and poblanos and set aside
- Pour the water into a cast iron skillet and set on your grill grate.
- Close the EGG and let the water come to a slow boil (about 10 minutes)
- Add potatoes and close the BGE and let cook until fork tender (about 10 minutes)
- Remove the potatoes and drain (set to the side)
- Place your cast iron skillet on the grate of the BGE, close lid, let the skillet reheat (about 5 minutes)
- Add the sausage and chop up with wooden spoon to get crumbled sausage
- Let cook for 5 minutes or so then add the diced onions and poblanos and stir well
- Add the potatoes after another 5 minutes and stir well until the potatoes, onions, poblanos, and sausage are mixed well
- Press down on the hash and create pockets for the eggs
- Crack the eggs and add them to the top of the hash
- Close the EGG and let cook 10 minutes or so until the eggs are done
- Remove cast iron skillet, garnish with your favorite salsa or hot sauce
- Serve and enjoy!