BRISKET SPINACH FRITTATA
- 14 eggs
- 1 whole yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. smoked brisket flat (cooked, sliced and then pulled apart)
- ¾ cup goat cheese
- 1½ cup fresh spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup half-&-half
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 400°F/204°C.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a 14-inch Big Green Egg Cast Iron Skillet. Cook the diced onions until they are soft and slightly caramelized. Add the spinach to the onions with a pinch of salt.
- While the onions and spinach are cooking, whisk the eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper, and heavy cream.
- Add the egg mixture and stir to get all the spinach and onion even. Add the pulled brisket into the still wet mixture, while reserving about a cup of brisket.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until slightly golden. Add the goat cheese in pieces all over the top of the frittata. Close the lid and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cup of brisket on the top of the frittata.
- Serve immediately.