CEDAR PLANKED PORK CHOPS
Recipe courtesy of Anthony C. Seta in partnership with BOU Brands.
- 4 double bone-in pork chops
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- ½ cup Lee & Perrin’s Marinade for Chicken
- 1 BOU Chicken Bouillon cube
- BOU Java Rub (see recipe below)
- Fresh bay leaves
- 2 Big Green Egg Cedar Planks, soaked
- Soak the planks for at least 2 hours in water prior to grilling.
- Combine the salad oil, BOU Chicken Cube and Lea & Perrin’s. Blend well for approximately 45 seconds.
- Place the pork chops in a shallow pan; pour the BOU-flavored oil over the chops. Top with bay leaves. Turn the chops over to ensure they are totally coated. Marinate 3 to 4 hours; remove from the marinade and drain. Season both sides liberally with BOU Java Rub.
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 400°F/204°C. Place the soaked planks on the EGG for 30 seconds; flip the planks and add the seasoned chopsto the planks. Cook to the desired doneness (the internal temperature for the pork chops should reach 130 to 145°F – check temperature at 15 minutes).
Note: If the sides of the cedar plank start smoldering, spray the edges only with water (spray only the plank – do not spray the chops)
BOU Java Rub Ingredients
- 2 BOU Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- ¼ cup espresso coffee, finely ground
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1½ tsp coriander, ground
- 3 tbsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 tbsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp roasted cumin, ground
- 1½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1½ tbsp ancho chili powder
BOU Java Rub Instructions
- Combine all ingredients in a blender for about 45 seconds.
- Place into a storage container with a lid; store in a cool dry place
Share this CEDAR PLANKED PORK CHOPS recipe with your friends!