CEDAR PLANKED SALMON with HONEY GLAZE
- 2 Cedar Grilling Planks
- ½ cup (120 ml) Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup (60 ml) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated orange zest
- 1 tsp (5 ml) minced fresh thyme plus extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (7 ounce/200 g) salmon fillets, skin on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the planks in a pan, cover with water and let soak for at least one hour and up to eight hours.
- Set the EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 400°F/204°C.
- Whisk together the mustard, honey, balsamic vinegar, orange zest, and 1 teaspoon thyme.
- Place the planks on the grid, close the lid of the EGG and preheat for 3 minutes. Open the lid and turn the planks over, brush with the olive oil, and place 2 salmon fillets on each plank. Season with salt and pepper and brush generously with the honey glaze. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes for medium.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with thyme. Pair with a glass of Spellbound Chardonnay.
Share this CEDAR PLANKED SALMON with HONEY GLAZE recipe with your friends!