CHIMICHURRI SMOKED CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICH
- 2 chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp garlic salt
- Applewood chips, soaked
- 2 Toasted Onion Rolls
- Add the chicken to a ziplock bag and add garlic salt and olive oil. Let it sit for at least two hours.
- Prepare the Big Green Egg by placing a small handful of soaked apple wood chips and Big Green Egg Natural Lump Charcoal in the bottom of the EGG and light it with a Big Green Egg Fire Starter. Place the convEGGtor with the legs facing up and add the metal grate. Close the EGG and try to regulate the heat around 340ºF/171ºC. Do this by opening the top vent a half inch and adjusting the bottom vent so that a little over an inch is exposed. Watch your EGG for about an hour so that it has time to regulate without getting too hot. Add the chicken and let it smoke for about 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of 160ºF/71ºC is reached. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once the chicken salad (recipe below) has been prepared, simply toast the Cobblestone Bread Co.™ Toasted Onion Rolls on the EGG for a few minutes and fill each roll with half of the chicken salad. Serve.
- Makes 2 sandwiches
Smoked Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 2 smoked chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp chimichurri
- 1 tbsp grilled corn
- 1 tbsp chopped peppadews
- Salt and lime to taste
Smoked Chicken Salad Instructions
- Add mayo and the chimichurri to a medium sized bowl and stir to combine. Add chopped chicken, grilled corn, and peppadews. Season with salt and lime to taste and set aside.
Share this CHIMICHURRI SMOKED CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICH recipe with your friends!