CHOCOLATE BOURBON PECAN PIE
Pecan pie is a typical Southern dish made from corn syrup, brown sugar, and pecans and is often served on holidays. This traditional pie filling has a touch of bourbon and combines with dark chocolate morsels. It is perfect for a fall dinner or winter holiday dessert and would be especially good served after a turkey dinner.
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 400°F/204C°.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the corn syrup, eggs, butter, brown sugar, bourbon, and flour in a medium bowl until combined.
- Add the chocolate and pecans and blend well.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- Place the pie plate on the convEGGtor.
- Close the lid of the EGG and bake for 45 minutes, or until the filling is set and the pie is golden brown.
- Remove the pie and let cool completely, then refrigerate.
Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Whipped Cream Instructions
- To make the whipped cream, using a whisk or an electric mixer, beat the cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla for 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Serve slices of pie garnished with the whipped cream or pass separately.
Serves 6 to 8
Share this CHOCOLATE BOURBON PECAN PIE recipe with your friends!