CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BROWNIE
- 1 lb. unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2½ cups light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 325°F.
- Place the cast iron skillet in the EGG and melt the butter. Remove the skillet from the EGG and place on a non-heated surface.
- Add the sugar and light brown sugar to the melted butter and stir until it is uniform. There might be a little extra butter around the edges – but that’s okay. Let the mixture cool until it is at room temperature.
- Once the mixture in the cast iron has cooled to room temperature, add the eggs and vanilla extract (the butter/sugar mixture has to cool prior to adding the egg or the egg will cook); mix thoroughly.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together, and then begin blending this into the wet ingredients in the skillet. Once this is a uniform mix, add the chocolate chips and stir to blend well.
- Bake on the EGG for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out of the middle clean. Let set and cool for 10 minutes, then cut and serve warm either alone, or with vanilla ice cream.
Yields 15-25 servings if made in the Big Green Egg 14 inch skillet.
Share this CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BROWNIE recipe with your friends!