CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE
- 3 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 1 can or bottle Irish Stout
- 10 small red potatoes
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into large wedges
- 2 bay leaves
- Set EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 450°F/232°C. Place the corned beef in the Dutch oven and cover with water and the stout; add the spice packet that came with the corned beef and cover. Place on the cooking grid and bring to a boil, then reduce the temperature to 350°F/177°C. Simmer approximately 50 minutes per pound or until tender.
- After two hours, add whole potatoes and carrots, and cook for 15 minutes. Add cabbage and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove meat and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Place vegetables in a bowl and cover with some of the broth. Slice meat across the grain and serve with warm bread.
Share this CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE recipe with your friends!