DOUBLE PORK SLIDERS
- 4 thin boneless pork loin chops (¼ to ½ in thick)
- 2 slices bacon
- 8 slider buns
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons steak sauce
- Set the EGG for direct cooking at 400°F / 204°C.
- On a Half Moon Griddle, cook bacon, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for one minute or until there is enough bacon fat released to coat the bottom of the griddle.
- Push bacon to side and add the chops.
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper.
- Cook chops for 3 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and internal temperature on a thermometer reads between 145°F to 160°F, turning once halfway through. Remove chops and bacon, draining bacon on paper towels and resting chops for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Cut each chop in half so you have 8 pieces; place chops in buns.
- Top chops with steak sauce and bacon strips.
- These bacon-infused sandwiches are ideal for tailgating and cocktail parties.
- Before cooking, dip chops in 2 large eggs, then in seasoned fine dry bread crumbs to cover (approximately 3 tbsp of bread crumbs per chop.)
- Cook as directed except sprinkle on 1½ tbsp of shredded Parmesan or Provolone on each chop after turning the chops.
- Omit the butter and steak sauce.
- Spread buns with ½ tbsp of pre-prepared pesto; add pork and bacon, then top with roasted red pepper slices and arugula
- Cook chops as directed.
- Omit butter and steak sauce.
- Place pork and bacon on buns and top with 1 tablespoon bottled peanut sauce.
- Toss 1 cup shredded cabbage with 2 tbsp of rice vinegar; add to sandwiches atop peanut-sauced chops.