DOUBLE SMOKED HAM
Recipe adapted from successful variations across the internet.
- 10-12lb pre-cooked, spiral cut, ready to eat Ham
- 1/2-1 cup Maple Syrup (dark grade B) (injected into ham)
- Wood Chunks (Cherry, Apple, or Pecan)
Maple-Bourbon Rub Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Dijon or Honey-Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Bourbon
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
Glaze Ingredients (for the final portion of the cook):
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup (use dark grade B real maple syrup if available)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 – 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee grounds
- 1 Tbsp dry ground mustard
- 2 Tbsp orange juice concentrate
- 1 Tbsp Bourbon
- Prepare the ham the day before smoking by placing in a pan with the flat side down. Rinse ham with cold water and pat dry. Then inject the ham with maple syrup (up to a cup) by using a meat injector.
- Mix together and spread the maple-bourbon rub all over the entire ham. Loosely cover the ham in saran wrap and place in the fridge for 24 hours or until ready to smoke.
For the Glaze:
- Blend all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slightly until everything combines into a thick looking sauce a few minutes after you start your cook.
For the Ham:
- Set up your EGG for indirect cooking at 250°F (convEGGtor legs up) with a Disposable Drip Pan on the convEGGtor below the cooking grate. Be sure to mix 4-5 chunks of your preferred wood in the charcoal prior to lighting.
- Place ham on the cooking grid with the flat side down.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes per lb (glazing the ham every 30 minutes) until internal temp on the ham shows 140-150°F and double wrap in foil allowing the ham to rest for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Share this DOUBLE SMOKED HAM recipe with your friends!