GRILLED BLOODY MARY
Recipe adapted from MeatChurch.com
- 10-12 Roma tomatoes
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 3 limes, halved
- Pepper infused vodka
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh horseradish
- 4 tsp. Meat Church Holy Cow Rub
- Spicy green beans (optional garnish)
- Hot pickled okra (optional garnish)
- Lime wedge (optional garnish)
- Celery stalks (optional garnish)
- MEAT like Slim Jim's, Benny's Beef straws (optional garnish)
- Smoked Pepper Infused Vodka:
- 1 750 ml bottle vodka
- 6 chipotle peppers
- Set the EGG for direct cooking, without the convEGGtor and stabilize at 375°F.
- Grill the poblano pepper for 10 - 12 minutes or until it appears to have softened.
- Remove the pepper and place it in a small bowl and cover with saran wrap to let it steam. Set aside.
- We are trying to loosen the blistered skin so we can remove it. Grill the tomatoes and onion for approximately 15 minutes, also until softened.
- Flip at least once during the grill. Add the whole jalapeño and limes for the last 5 minutes of the cook.
- Remove all of the vegetables to cool. Core and seed the jalapeño (unless you like it hot!) and remove the skin and seeds from the poblano.
- Place the tomatoes, peppers, and onions in a blender.
- Juice the limes into the mixture. Blend until very smooth.
- Add Worcestershire, Tabasco sauce, horseradish and Holy Cow.
- Mix thoroughly. You may need to pour this mixture through as a strainer as it will be pretty thick. I also recommend chilling the mixture for a few hours. This will cool it as well as allow the flavors to more thoroughly come out.
- When you are ready for breakfast, pour the Bloody Mary mixture into a glass with ice along with a shot or 2 of vodka.
- Garnish like crazy and enjoy!
Share this GRILLED BLOODY MARY recipe with your friends!