GRILLED TUNA w/ HERB BUTTER
- 4-6 ounce tuna steaks
- 4 ounces herb butter (recipe follows)
- 4 bunches of Mixed Greens (Todd uses cover crop harvested from the vineyard)
- 4 breakfast radishes, shaved
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Flake salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces Rosé dressing (recipe follows)
- Set the EGG for direct cooking at 650°F.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and grill on each side for 2-3 minutes, rotating the fish ¼ turn – halfway through the cooking on each side – to achieve beautiful cross-hatched grill lines. Once you have given the fish a ¼ turn on the second side put an ounce of the herb butter on each piece of fish and finish cooking. Fish will be a beautiful medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the smashed garlic, lemon zest, juice and olive oil and heat on the Big Green Egg.
- To serve, arrange the washed cover crop on four plates, drizzle with garlic lemon oil to start the wilting process, sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper. Place grilled fish on top of the salad. Garnish with shaved radishes and a drizzle of the rosé vinaigrette.
Dandy Radish Butter Ingredients
- 2 oz. Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 oz. Basil, chopped
- 1 oz. Mint, chopped
- Zest of one lemon
- ¼ cup green onions, minced
- 1 stick salted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Dandy Radish Butter Instructions
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Set butter aside till ready to use.
- Note: If you are making the butter a day in advance, pull the butter out 20 minutes before you grill the fish so it will soften slightly.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for 4 days.
Rosé Dressing Ingredients
- 3 ounces Dry Rosé wine
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 ounce red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Rosé Dressing Instructions
- In a small bowl combine the ingredients except for the oil.
- Once you have mixed the ingredients together, slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Set dressing aside till ready to serve.
- Mix again just before serving.
Share this GRILLED TUNA w/ HERB BUTTER recipe with your friends!