HARDCORE CARNIVORE (RED) SMOKED CHICKEN WINGS
- 2.5 lb whole chicken wings
- 4-6 tablespoons Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (do not use if making dry rub wings)
- For the Brine:
- 24 oz beer (preferably Lager)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5-6 allspice berries
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- Make the brine. In a saucepan, combine all brine ingredients and heat over medium flame until dissolved. Remove brine from heat and allow to cool. Place chicken in a ziploc bag then pour over room-temperature brine. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat your smoker to run at 250°F. We recommend hickory, oak, or cherry wood for this recipe.
- Remove the chicken from the brine, and discard the liquid. Rinse the chicken under cold water. Pat each wing dry using paper towel then arrange on a rack or tray. Generously season on both sides with Hardcore Carnivore Red rub.
- Place wings in to the smoker, bone side down. You'll keep them this way throughout the entire cook - if you turn them you will lose the crust you have been building up. Cook wings until a thermometer registers 165f at the thickest part of the meat.
- If you want dry rub wings, your wings are ready. To turn them into a sauced wing, simply brush bbq sauce across the top of each wing and continue to smoke for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has set.