ISLAND BURGER & FRUIT SALSA
Recipe and photo courtesy of Laura’s Lean Beef. For more information, visit LaurasLeanBeef.com.
- 1 pound Laura’s 92% Lean Ground Beef or 96% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped purple onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped and seeded jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Whole wheat buns (optional)
- Sliced fresh pineapple rings, grilled (optional)
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Shape into 4 equal size burgers.
- Coat the EGG cooking grid with cooking spray. Grill direct at 400°F / 204°C) 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place patties in a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat; cook 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until done.
- serve with fruit salsa, grilled pineapple and/or basmati rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Share this ISLAND BURGER & FRUIT SALSA recipe with your friends!