Recipe adapted from hungry-girl.com!
- 12 oz. raw extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- One 14.5-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- One 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups light/low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (about 2 large) egg whites
- or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 24 small square wonton wrappers (often stocked with the tofu in the refrigerated section of the supermarket)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat EGG to 375 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat.
- Add beef, pepper, and 1/8 tsp. salt. Cook and crumble until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion and mushrooms. Cook, stir, and crumble until beef is fully cooked and veggies are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and 1 tsp. garlic. Cook and stir until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta cheese, egg whites/substitute, nutmeg, remaining 1/8 tsp. salt, and remaining 1/2 tsp. garlic. Mix well.
- Press a wonton wrapper into the bottom and up along the sides of each cup of the pan.
- Evenly distribute half of the spinach-ricotta mixture among the cups (about 1 1/2 tbsp. each), and smooth out the surfaces.
- Top with half of the beef mixture (about 2 tbsp. each), and smooth out the surfaces.
- Top with half of the mozzarella cheese (1 tbsp. each).
- Place another wonton wrapper into each cup, lightly pressing it down and along the sides, letting the edges fall over the pan. Repeat layering with remaining spinach-ricotta mixture, beef mixture, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until spinach-ricotta mixture is hot, mozzarella has melted, and wrapper edges have browned, 10 - 12 minutes.
MAKES 12 SERVINGS
Share this LASAGNA CUPCAKES recipe with your friends!