LENTIL TURKEY BURGERS
- 1 lb ground turkey (very cold)
- Red Split Lentils, prepared
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Bou Java Rub
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and form into ½ inch thick patties. If desired, season with BOU Java Rub.
- Grill 6 minutes each side (remember, this is poultry – the internal temperature must get to 165°F/74°C).
- Serve on a grilled whole wheat bun with Dijonnaise, lettuce, tomato and red onion.
Red Split Lentils Ingredients
- ½ cup red split lentils (soaked for 3 hours)
- 1 BOU Beef or Chicken Broth Cube
- 1 cup water
Red Split Lentils Instructions
- Crumble the BOU cube in a sauce pan; add the water and blend with a whisk to mix the cube into the water.
- Add the soaked red lentils; bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes (lentils will be al dente).
- Pour into a bowl, cover and cool completely under refrigeration.
Bou Java Rub Ingredients
- 2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- ¼ cup espresso coffee, finely ground
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1½ tsp coriander, ground
- 3 tbsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 tbsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp roasted cumin, ground
- 1½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1½ tbsp ancho chili powder