PEACHES w/ ROSEMARY & CITRUS COCONUT CREAM
This is a simple & healthy recipe that needs to be on everyone’s table over Summer. Peaches cook beautifully on the EGG and the rosemary gives them a divine fragrance. Serve with a dash of coconut cream with lime & lemon zest.
- 4 Large ripe Peaches (cut in half and stones removed, use a teaspoon to remove the stones easily)
- 1/2 cup golden unrefined caster sugar
- 2 stalks of rosemary (remove stalks)
- 8oz Coconut cream (lightly whipped)
- Zest of 1 lime and 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts roughly crushed
- Set up your EGG for direct grilling with the cast iron searing grid and a target temperature of 425°F.
- Place rosemary stalks and sugar into a pestle and mortar and pound until rosemary is well crushed and worked through the caster sugar.
- Pour rosemary sugar into a large bowl with the peaches and toss until all are well coated. Cling film and leave in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour. Preferably leave for 3 hours. This process also works well for pineapple and mango.
- Set up the EGG as instructed, once peaches have macerated for a minimum of 1 hour (longer if possible) take out and retain the syrup in the bowl (for garnish). Lay peaches flesh side down and place remainder of rosemary in the centre of the grid, surrounded by the peaches to smoke during the cook.
- Cook for 6 minutes and then turn allowing a further 6 minutes on the skin side. Remove the peaches and drizzle over the left-over syrup. Wrap and leave to stand for 2-3 minuets
- Whilst the peaches work their magic whip your cream and stir in both zests.
- Serve the peaches with a large dollop of coconut cream!