PECAN CHORIZO JALAPEÑO POPPERS
- 16 jalapeños (not too large so the bacon wraps around nicely)
- 1 package standard cut bacon
- ½ package pork chorizo
- 1 16 oz block of cream cheese
- Deez Nuts Pecan Rub (substitute Honey Hog or Honey Hog Hot)
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking, with the convEGGtor and stabilize at 275°F.
- We recommend oak, hickory or pecan wood for this smoke. There is something cool about pecan on pecan action thought! Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the chorizo until it is fully cooked.
- Drain the fat off when the chorizo is done.
- Immediately mix the chorizo and cream cheese together in a small bowl. The warm chorizo will help soften the cream cheese.
- Add Deez Nuts Honey Pecan rub to taste and mix well. A heavy dose is recommended. You aren’t going to hurt it.
- Cut the stem off and core each jalapeño. Remove all seeds. Leave the membranes in if you want the heat!
- Cut the jalapeños in half and fill each jalapeño up with cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each jalapeño with a 1/2 slice of bacon.
- Dust the tops of the jalapeño poppers with more Deez Nuts Pecan Rub. Smoke the peppers for an hour or until the bacon looks perfect!
- Allow to cool 10 - 15 minutes and then enjoy one of our favorite appetizers!
Share this PECAN CHORIZO JALAPEÑO POPPERS recipe with your friends!