Simply Perfect Recipes typically have only a few ingredients. For our Perfect Ribs, you’ll only need some great ribs (spare or baby back), seasonings and of course your EGG!
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) paprika
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) onion powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dry mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cumin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salt
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 300°F/150°C.
- Combine all spices in a small bowl. Remove the membrane from the ribs and apply seasoning to both sides.
- Place the ribs in the Rib and Roast Rack, bone side down, and cook for one hour. Flip the ribs and rotate the rack 180°. Cook for another hour.
- Baste the ribs with the preserves then wrap tightly in foil – you do not want any gaps in the wrap or you will steam the ribs. Cook for an additional 30 minutes, then unwrap the ribs and place directly on the grid for a final 15 minutes to allow the glaze to tighten up.
- Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Share this PERFECT RIBS recipe with your friends!