PERUVIAN CHICKEN WINGS
Recipe adapted from eatthelove.com
For the Chicken Wings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, forced through a press or minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings, broken into flats and drumettes (save the tips for stock or discard)
For Green Sauce
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green Serrano peppers
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Prep the chicken by placing the oil, pressed garlic, cumin, salt, sugar, paprika, coriander, oregano, pepper, juice and zest of the lime in a small bowl or glass measuring cup and stir until well blended.
- Place the chicken wings in a 1-gallon ziplock bag and pour the marinade over them.
- Seal the bag and then “massage” the chicken to make sure the marinade coats the chicken completely.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
Light your charcoal and prepare your EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 350°F.
- Once the chicken has marinated, place the wings on the cooking grid.
- Cook for 30 minutes and flip to the other side. Cook another 20 minutes and remove them from the EGG.
- While the wings are cooking, place al the ingredients for the green sauce in a food processor or blender.
- Process until all ingredients are well blended.
- Pour into a bowl, cover and refrigerate while the chicken is cooking.
- The sauce will seem thin but will thicken up as it sits.
- Serve with the chicken.