PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE PIG SHOTS
- 1 package smoked pork sausage or kielbasa
- (2) 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Sweet & Smoky Seasoning
- 1 lb bacon cut in half lengthwise so you have long strips
- Preheat your EGG at 300°F for indirect cooking.
- Slice the sausage into 1/2 inch thick rounds. Wrap each slice of sausage with a half of a slice of bacon so it forms a little "shot glass" of meat. Season the shots with the Big Green Egg Sweet & Smoky Seasoning.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, brown sugar, and most of the pineapple chunks, reserving a couple of tablespoons of the pineapple to top the shots with later.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a quart sized sip top bag and snip off the bottom corner. Fill each shot glass with some of the mixture, leaving just a little room at the top. Spoon the remaining crushed pineapple into the top of each shot and season them all again with a little more Sweet & Smoky Seasoning.
- Carefully transfer the shots to the grill grates (or a Big Green Egg Drip Pan) and cook for 75-90 minutes, or until the bacon gets crisp.
- Serve warm with plenty of napkins and enjoy!