PORK BELLY KEBABS
These kebabs make the perfect appetizer or addition to pizzas and sandwiches. The slightly sweet plum glaze caramelizes beautifully on the crisped pork belly.
- 1 pound pork belly
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 to 8 skewers (use a good quality metal skewer for this recipe)
- Preheat the grill for medium heat. When the grill is ready, oil the grill grates right before putting on the kebabs. Using long-handled tongs, dip some folded paper towels in a high smoke point cooking oil and wipe down the grill grates, making at least three good passes to create a nonstick surface.
- Cut the pork belly into 1-inch cubes.
- Thread the pork belly cubes onto the skewers and season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the kebabs onto the grill. Cook for approximately 25 minutes, turning a few times during the cooking process
Plum Glaze Ingredients
- ½ cup Asian plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons Asian chili paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Plum Glaze Instructions
- Combine all the ingredients for the Plum Glaze in a bowl and begin basting during the last 10 minutes of cook time. Watch that the Plum Glaze does not burn and reduce the heat or move the kebabs to a cooler part of the grill if necessary.
- Once the pork belly has a nice rosy-brown color and has crisped on the outside, remove from the grill and serve immediately.
Share this PORK BELLY KEBABS recipe with your friends!