PORTERHOUSE PORK CHOPS WITH PORK CRACKLINGS
- 3 Porterhouse Pork Chops
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Roasted Garlic Basil Parsley Butter
- Set the EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 450°F/232°C.
- Take the Banner Butter out of the fridge. Crush the garlic cloves (leave skin on) with the flat side of a knife. Heat a cast iron skillet in the EGG for about 10 minutes.
- Trim a good portion of the fat from each of the pork chops and cut into 3 or 4 inch strips. Carefully add the fat to the skillet and cook/turn until golden brown on all slides.
- While the cracklings are cooking, score the pork chops and add a dash of salt and freshly cracked black pepper on both sides.
- Remove pork cracklings and set aside on paper towels to drain. Carefully pour off any additional fat from the skillet.
- Add the pork chops and cook on both sides until brown (about 4 minutes for each side). Add the crushed garlic and the pork cracklings, moving them around in the skillet to coat in the cooking liquid. Cook for another 5-10 minutes until pork chops are springy (but not hard) and remove from the EGG.
- Divide the Butter evenly and place the Butter on the pork chops; rest the chops for 5 minutes. Plate the buttered chops with garlic and pork cracklings.
Recipe adapted from Banner Butter’s Chief of Butter, Drew. Visit bannerbutter.com for more recipes using their butter.
Share this PORTERHOUSE PORK CHOPS WITH PORK CRACKLINGS recipe with your friends!