- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans pumpkin, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 regular size pre-made pie dough crusts in foil pans
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 350°F.
- Poke all around the crust with a fork and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until each crust is dried and beginning to color.
- For the filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer.
- Add the pumpkin and beat until combined.
- Add the sugar and salt, and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs mixed with the yolks, half-and-half, and melted butter, and beat until combined.
- Finally, add the vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the warm prepared pie crusts and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Place the pie on a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Place in refrigerator overnight to help the pie set.