RED WINE BRAISED SHORT RIBS
- 3-4lbs Bone-in Beef Short Ribs
- Blues Hog Bold & Beefy Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 package Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 15oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 750 ml bottle Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 10 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 4 sprigs oregano
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and smashed
- 4 cups low-salt beef stock
- Heat Big Green Egg to 450° direct.
- Season short ribs with Blues Hog Bold & Beefy seasoning.
- Brown all three sides of short ribs (about 2 minutes each side). Transfer short ribs to a plate.
- Melt butter in an enamel-coated Dutch oven. Add onions, carrots, and celery to pot and cook, stirring often, until onions are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, until well combined and deep red, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in wine and bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add all herbs to pot along with garlic.
- Stir in beef broth and add short ribs. Make sure they are fully covered. Bring to a boil and cover.
- Reduce temperature to 350.
- Cook until short ribs are tender, about 2 ½ - 3 hours. Transfer short ribs to a platter.
- Strain sauce from pot into a measuring cup. Reserve stewed veggies as a side dish.
- Spoon fat from surface of sauce and discard; pour the sauce into a saucepan and season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix ½ cup of sauce with 2-3 tsp corn starch until all clumps are gone and add to saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat until desired gravy consistency.
- Serve over mashed potatoes with gravy poured over the top.
Share this RED WINE BRAISED SHORT RIBS recipe with your friends!