RIBEYE STEAK w/ FRIED POTATOES
Grilling a juicy ribeye steak on the Big Green Egg is very easy to do. Minimum effort with a maximum result. You can marinate the ribeye if you like, but in this recipe, we keep the taste nice and pure. How about potatoes on the side? Naturally, you can fry them on the Big Green Egg as well!
- (2) 14oz ribeye steaks
- 2 white onions
- 1 red onion
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 14oz bacon cubes
- 17oz Yukon Gold potatoes
- 8 sprigs of thyme
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid and Small Cast Iron Skillet to 350°F.
- In the meantime, peel the onions and garlic for the fried potatoes.
- Cut the onions into half rings and finely chop the garlic.
- Wash the potatoes, cut them in half and cut the potato halves into slices of about 1/4in thick.
- Add the bacon cubes to the cast iron skillet and fry them for a few minutes.
- Spoon in the potato slices and fry them for about 10 minutes.
- Stir the ingredients occasionally, closing the lid of the EGG after each action.
- Add the half onion rings, the garlic and the sprigs of thyme to the skillet and stir well.
- Bring the temperature of the EGG to 425°F; this will take approximately 5 minutes.
- Place the ribeyes next to the skillet on the cast iron grid.
- Close the lid of the EGG and grill the ribeyes for approximately 2 minutes. Turn ninety degrees and grill for another 2 minutes to create a nice grill pattern.
- Continue to stir the potatoes occasionally.
- Turn over the ribeye, grill the other side approx. 2 minutes as well, turn them 90 degrees and grill for another 2 minutes.
- The ribeyes will by then have a core temperature of approximately 145°F (medium-rare). You can measure the core temperature with the Instant Read Thermometer.
- Remove the ribeyes from the EGG and leave them to rest loosely covered by aluminum foil for 5 minutes. In the meantime, leave the potatoes to fry a little longer.
- Cut the ribeyes into nice slices and remove the skillet with the fried potatoes from the Big Green Egg.
- Sprinkle the ribeyes and fried potatoes with pepper and sea salt to taste.
Share this RIBEYE STEAK w/ FRIED POTATOES recipe with your friends!