These potatoes with Big Green Egg Citrus & Dill Seasoning make a great side dish!
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 lbs russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp Big Green Egg Citrus & Dill Seasoning
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful fresh parsley leaves, minced
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 450°F/232°C.
- In a Dutch oven, heat 2 quarts water until boiling. Add the salt, baking soda and potatoes and stir.
- Return to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until a knife meets little resistance when inserted into a potato, about 10 minutes after returning to a boil. [Tip: Parboiling the potatoes in the baking soda/salt water breaks down their surfaces, creating a starchy slurry that adds crunch.]
- Drain the potatoes carefully and let them rest in the Dutch oven for a minute to allow excess moisture to evaporate. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the still warm Dutch oven, combine the olive oil, Citrus & Dill Seasoning, garlic, and a few grinds of black pepper in the Dutch oven and add to the EGG, stirring frequently until the garlic just begins to turn golden about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the EGG and add the potatoes. Season to taste with a little more salt and pepper if needed, and toss to coat, until a layer of potato paste has built upon the potato chunks.
- Transfer the potatoes to a Cast Iron Skillet, spreading them out evenly.
- Transfer to the EGG and roast without stirring for 20 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes, using a metal spatula to release any stuck-on potatoes.
- Continue roasting until potatoes are deep brown and crisp all over, turning and shaking them a few times during cooking, 30 to 40 minutes longer.
- Remove from the EGG, place in a serving dish and sprinkle with a little more Citrus & Dill Seasoning and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.