SARAH’S STUFFED PRETZELS
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp yeast
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 ½ cups flour
- 4 Tbsp butter softened
- 2 tsp fine salt
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Mozzarella and provolone cheese
- Heat milk until warm (about 110°F/43°C). Add to a bowl with yeast and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Add in brown sugar and 2 cups flour along with the softened butter.
- Stir with a wood spoon as to not kill the yeast.
- Finish stirring in the remaining flour and fine (table) salt.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface for about 10 minutes.
- Set in a warm spot and allow the dough to rise. Let it rise for an hour, or at least double in size. Heat grill to 350°F/177°C indirect with convEGGtor legs up. With the baking soda, add a little too warm water and stir till it is dissolved. This will help the kosher salt stick to the pretzels.
- Take risen dough and punch dough to help deactivate the yeast.
- Next take a handful or so and roll out onto a floured surface in a rectangular shape. Make sure it is wide enough to fold over when stuffed.
- After it is rolled out, take your pepperoni and cheeses and add it lengthwise along half of the dough.
- Take the other half, and as mentioned before, fold over onto the other.
- Take the stuffed pretzel and dunk in the baking soda/water mixture.
- Put in a cast iron skillet or on a deep dish pizza stone and sprinkle with the kosher salt.
- Put in the grill for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- These also go really well with Four41 South Sorta White sauce.