Shrimp & Goat Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
Everyone loves jalapeño poppers and have their own version of this classic dish. Our recipe pairs Shrimp and Goat Cheese with the jalapeño and bacon for one heck of a savory combination. Sit back, grab a glass of Syrah, and enjoy this recipe for Big Green Egg Shrimp Goat Cheese Jalapeño Poppers. Recipe courtesy of The BBQ Buddha.
- A small package of Goat Cheese
- 12 strips of Bacon
- 12 medium shrimp
- 6 Jalapeños
- Your favorite BBQ Rub
Set up your Big Green Egg for Indirect cooking at 350°F.
- Slice the Jalapeños in half lengthwise and deseed
- Soften goat cheese and mix with BBQ Rub to taste
- Peel and devein Shrimp
- Mix the shrimp with the BBQ rub
- Stuff the Jalapeños with the goat cheese and shrimp
- Wrap each of the stuffed Jalapeños with a piece of Bacon
- Place a toothpick in to keep the bacon in place
- Place wood chunks in the coals
- Using a raised grid and drip pan place the ABT's on the grid over the drip pan
- Let them cook for 45 minutes
- Remove and enjoy
Share this Shrimp & Goat Cheese Jalapeno Poppers recipe with your friends!