Simple Dutch Oven Breakfast
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 30-oz bag of shredded hash browns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 8-oz bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with a convEGGtor at 375°F/191°C; add the Dutch oven to the EGG to preheat.
- Add the sausage to the Dutch oven and cook until fully cooked.
- Remove from the Dutch oven and set aside.
- Add the olive oil and onion to the Dutch oven and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the hash browns to the Dutch oven, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Pour the eggs on top of the hash browns and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sausage back to the Dutch oven and top with the cheese.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the EGG and serve with biscuits. Enjoy!