SMOKED BACON BLOODY MARY
- 1 bottle of your favorite vodka
- 6 strips of crispy, maple-cured bacon (one chopped into crumb for sprinkling over the top)
- 12oz vine tomatoes
- 1oz Sweet creamed sherry
- 2oz Bacon infused vodka
- 4-6 Dashes of chipotle Tabasco sauce
- 2 Dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Stick of peeled celery
- Preheat the EGG to 250F for Direct grilling with the Searing Grid.
Bacon Infusion :
- Cook the maple cured bacon on a low heat on the searing grid until crispy. Remove from the EGG and add to the vodka.
- Leave this for 3 - 5 days to infuse then strain through cheesecloth and chill for 24 hrs.
- Strain again to remove the fat and the vodka is then ready to use.
Tomato juice :
- Preheat the EGG to 350F, indirect with Plate Setter (ConvEGGtor) legs up and stainless steel grid.
- Roast vine tomatoes in a rectangular drip pan on your EGG for approximately 40 mins, until breaking down. Place into a blender or juicer and puree until liquid.
- Use an organic tomato juice to adjust to desired pouring /drinking consistency.
To Make the cocktail :
- In a cocktail shaker pour all the liquids and shake without ice.
- Pour into a highball glass and garnish with celery and bacon rasher.
- Sprinkle bacon crumb over the top for added texture.