SMOKED BRISKET ROLL
- 1 brisket flat, fat cap on, about 6 lbs (2.7 kg)
- 1 cup brisket rub
- ½ bag Jack Daniels wood chips, soaked overnight in water
- Bardough House Slaw
- 10 country loaf rolls
- Salted farm butter for the rolls
- Coat the brisket on all sides with an even layer of rub. Let the meat to rest for 1 hour at room temperature or until the rub starts to turn pasty.
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 225°F/107°C.
- Place the brisket, fat side up, on the grill. After 8 hours check meat periodically. Poke the meat in a few places; the fat should separate under your finger. When the brisket reaches an internal temperature of 200°F/93°C, remove it from the EGG onto a rimmed baking sheet to rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut the brisket in thin slices against the grain. Cut the rolls in half and butter on both sides. Add sliced brisket and slaw and enjoy!
- Serves 10
Brisket Rub Ingredients
- 1½ cups (360 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) kosher salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) ground espresso beans
- ¼ cup (60 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (60 ml) garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) cayenne pepper
Brisket Rub Instructions
- Mix all rub ingredients together and refrigerate.
Bardough House Slaw Ingredients
- 1½ cups (150 g) green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups (150 g) red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1¼ cups (150 g) julienned carrots
- 1/3 cup (40 g) dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) mustard
- 1 cup (240 ml) mayo
- Salt to taste
Bardough House Slaw Instructions
- Mix all slaw ingredients together and refrigerate.
Country Loaves Ingredients
- 1 lb (455 g) stone ground flour
- 1½ cups (355 g) filtered water
- 2¼ tsp (7 g) fresh yeast
- 5 g salt
- 3 Tbsp + 1 tsp (50 ml) extra virgin olive oil
Country Loaves Instructions
- Dissolve the yeast in half the water. Place the flour and salt in a mixing bowl; add the yeast mixture and the oil.
- Knead the dough by hand for 10 minutes, slowly adding the rest of the water. Allow to rest for 1 hour or until double in size. Divide into 10 equal size rounds. Shape into balls and allow to rest for an additional hour.
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor and a Pizza and Baking Stone at 400°F/204°C. Place the rolls 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart on the preheated stone. Spritz lightly with water and bake for 15 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack.
Share this SMOKED BRISKET ROLL recipe with your friends!