SMOKED CHILI CON CARNE
- 1kg minced beef
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 diced red peppers
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 cans plum tomatoes
- 2 cans kidney beans (undrained – the liquid has lots of flavors)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 100ml Worcestershire sauce
- 30ml Capsicana Hot Chipotle Sauce (add more if you like it really spicy!)
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp coarse ground pepper
- 2 tsp Maldon sea salt
- Set up your EGG for direct cooking with the Dutch Oven on the Stainless Steel Grid directly over the coals. Get the temperature up to around 375°F.
- Heat up the olive oil in the Dutch Oven and add the chopped onion, garlic and peppers and sweat down - you will need to open the EGG every couple of minutes to stir.
- Once softened, add the minced beef and continue to stir every couple of minutes until browned.
- Take out the Dutch Oven and remove the Stainless Steel Grid and add your pre-soaked Hickory chunks to the charcoal, add the Plate Setter (feet up) and Stainless Steel Grid ready for an indirect cook.
- Set your EGG to 350°F.
- Add all the other ingredients and place back on the EGG, you do not need the lid for the Dutch Oven but do cook with the EGG lid down.
- Stir every 10 minutes and once the Chilli is simmering cook for a further hour to allow the flavors to develop - you will see quite a lot of hickory smoke!
Share this SMOKED CHILI CON CARNE recipe with your friends!