SMOKED CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
This is a fantastic recipe to wow your friends with as they’ll be astonished to find out you cooked it on your Big Green Egg!
- 2 1/2 cup fine sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (not essence)
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Set up the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor in the legs up position with the stainless steel grid on top.
- Preheat the EGG to 320°F.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and combine.
- Add everything else except the chocolate chips and stir together.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased silicon baking tin (we used an 11in x 7in and about 1.5in deep). If you’ve not got a silicon one then line a metal one with silicon-coated baking paper.
- Cook on your EGG over an indirect heat at 320°F for 45 minutes using a very small handful of apple chips scattered on the charcoal.
- The center should still feel soft but not over wobbly.
- Take off your EGG and place on a baking rack to cool before turning out of the tin.
- It’s a simple as that. You should be left with a smokey, slightly gooey brownie.