SMOKED MAC N' CHEESE
You'll be blown away by the smoky-cheesy flavors and slight heat from the jalapenos. If you've never tried this on your EGG, you're in for a real treat!
1 lb macaroni noodles (cooked in advance)
1 stick of butter
1 8oz package of cream cheese softened
2 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
1 pound of freshly shredded cheese (all mild cheddar or half cheddar/half mozzarella)
½ cup jalapeno juice from jar
1-2 cups diced jalapenos (jarred)
1 tsp Dizzy Pig Fajita-ish Seasoning
Salt to taste
3 Tbsp flour
⅓ cup bread crumbs
- Boil noodles per package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Preheat EGG for indirect cooking at 350°.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and cream cheese and mix together until smooth.
- Add heavy whipping cream and whisk together until well combined.
- Add in cheese and stir until melted.
- Add in jalapeno juice, diced jalapenos, seasoning, flour, and salt.
- Continue whisking until all ingredients are incorporated and all lumps are gone.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Layer half of the noodles topped with half of the sauce, followed by the other half of the noodles topped with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30-40 minutes, until bubbly and bread crumbs brown.
This dish can be prepared 1-2 days ahead of time and stored in fridge until ready to bake - bring to room temp first.