SMOKED SALMON SALAD
By: David Wolfe
- 1 pound smoked salmon
- Big Green Egg Citrus & Dill Seasoning, to taste
- 2 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 Tbl freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbl red onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbl capers
- ¼ cup celery, finely diced
- Set Egg for indirect cooking at 250-275 degrees.
- Liberally apply Big Green Egg Citrus and Dill Seasoning to the flesh side of the salmon.
- Smoke with alder chips or chunks. The USDA recommends cooking to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Flake the salmon and allow it to cool to at least room temperature.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, red onion, capers and celery in a bowl. Lightly stir.
- Add the salmon and gently stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Add additional Citrus & Dill Seasoning if desired.
- Chill and serve as a sandwich or on mixed greens as a salad.