SOY MAPLE SMOKED SALMON FILETS
This Smoked Salmon with Soy Maple Glaze is the most delectable, smokey, melt in your mouth salmon you will ever have. While this process requires a little bit of time and patience, it is totally worth it! Believe us when we say you’ve never had salmon quite like this before. It is one smoke that is well worth the wait.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sides salmon, skin on
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Place salmon, skin side up onto a large baking tray or dish, add the marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fill the Napoleon Smoker Pipe with 50% soaked applewood chips, and 50% dry applewood chips. Place directly on grill burners. Preheat over to 350°F with the lid closed. Use burners under the smoker pipe.
- Once the grill is hot, pre-grease grates with spray or oil-dampened rag.
- Remove salmon from marinade and place skin side up directly on the grill. Allow it to cook for 15-20 minutes until grill marks form and salmon releases from grill. If the fish is sticking, allow it to cook longer.
- Salmon is ready when the texture bounces back when pressed, and the fish is flaky.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.