STIR-FRY SZECHUAN BEEF
Chef Gavin from Certified Angus Beef shares his recipe for Stir-Fry Szechuan Beef.
- 1 pound beef flank steak, cut against grain into ¼-inch thick strips
- 4 tbsp soy sauce, divided
- 4 tbsp rice wine (Shaoxing), divided
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Szechuan peppercorns, crushed (or 1-teaspoon of each, chili flake and black pepper)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (or hoisin sauce)
- 10 small red chilies, halved and seeded
- 4 scallions, cut into 2-inch segments
- Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons rice wine, cornstarch and rice wine vinegar in a mixing bowl; whisk together. Add sliced flank steak and marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Set the EGG for direct cooking without the convEGGtor at 500°F.
- Remove steak strips from marinade, pat dry and discard marinade. Heat the oil in a Big Green Egg wok; add beef strips and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes to cook evenly.
- Stir in garlic and Szechuan peppercorns and stir-fry another minute. Reduce heat to medium, add remaining soy sauce, rice wine, oyster sauce, chilies, and scallions.
- Sear 3-4 minutes, stirring often until sauce thickens and glazes meat. Enjoy!
Share this STIR-FRY SZECHUAN BEEF recipe with your friends!