SURF AND TURF KEBABS
When skewering kebabs, the best approach is to skewer beef and seafood separately because they cook at different rates. The sauce was inspired by a classic bearnaise sauce, made with butter and plenty of fresh tarragon, which has a lovely anise flavor.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Meyer Natural Angus. For more information, visit MeyerNaturalAngus.com.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) Meyer Natural Angus Ribeye Steak
- 16 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp
- Mix garlic with butter, olive oil, and lemon zest. Place in the microwave just long enough to melt butter. Stir in tarragon and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Set EGG for direct cooking at 550°F/288°C.
- Cut Ribeye into cubes about ¾-inch square. Thread onto Flexible Skewer. Thread shrimp onto additional Flexible Skewer. Place beef skewers on the grill first. Place shrimp on grill about 4 minutes after beef. Cook to the desired degree of doneness.
- Remove skewers and brush liberally with butter sauce. To serve, divide beef and shrimp evenly among 4 plates and pass with any extra sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Share this SURF AND TURF KEBABS recipe with your friends!