Recipe adapted from Recipetineats.com.
- 1½ cups plain yoghurt (full fat is best)
- 2 tbsp oil (any)
- ½ onion (brown, yellow, white)
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp garam masala spice mix (Note 1)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2½ tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika (preferably smoked)
- ¾ - 1¼ tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Few drops red food colouring (optional) (Note 2)
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 1.2 kg / 2.4 lb)
- Oil spray
Mint Yoghurt (optional)
- ¾ cup plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Place all the Marinade ingredients in a food processor and whizz until smooth. (Note 3) Pour into a ziplock bag with the chicken and marinate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat your EGG to 350°F.
- Remove chicken from the Marinade, shaking off excess (reserve Marinade), and place on the grill. Bake for 15 minutes, then slather on Marinade (very generously), turn the chicken and slather Marinade on the other side.
- Bake for a further 15 minutes or until you reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving with Mint Yoghurt.
- Optional: Garnish with cilantro/coriander leaves and serve with lemon wedges.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix.
Share this TANDOORI CHICKEN recipe with your friends!