VEGGIE NOODLE STIR-FRY
Use a vegetable peeler to slice the carrots, zucchini, and squash into wide, thin ribbons, then cut the ribbons lengthwise into thin julienned slices with a knife. You will have a medley of brightly colored vegetables all intertwined like long, thin, beautiful noodles.
This is a dish that cooks in a matter of minutes and would go well as a side dish with roasted chicken or pork.
- cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- cup freshly squeezed orange juice (1 orange)
- cup rice wine vinegar
- cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons red curry paste
- cup peanut oil
- 1 cup sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups julienned red bell pepper
- 2 cups snow peas
- 4 cups julienned napa cabbage
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 2 cups julienned zucchini
- 2 cups julienned yellow crookneck squash
- 4 cups bean sprouts
- 18 to 20 scallions, green parts only, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced red radishes
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- Set the EGG for direct cooking at 425ºF/218ºC.
- To make the sauce, use a whisk to stir the lemon juice, orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, and red curry paste together in a small bowl.
- Place a Paella Pan on the grid and preheat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the peanut oil into the preheated Paella Pan. Add the shallots, ginger, garlic, bell pepper, and snow peas. Close the lid of the EGG and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the cabbage, carrots, zucchini, squash, bean sprouts, and scallions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sauce and cook for 30 seconds. Remove the Paella Pan from the heat, then add the basil, cilantro, and mint and stir.
- Place the mixture in individual bowls and garnish with the radishes and peanuts. Serve immediately.
Serves 4 as a main course, or 8 as a side dish