Moist, dark fudge brownies with the smoky allure of crunchy bacon bits — what a tempting combination! Bacon, baked with brown sugar to "candy" it, is sprinkled atop the brownie batter just before baking. The result? Salt, sweet, and a little smoke in each delicious bite.
- 1/2 lb thick-cut bacon (cooked until crisp)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornmeal
- 1 box 13x9 size Brownie Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup DARK TRUTH Imperial Stout
- (for brownie mix)
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 3/4 cup chopped Candied Bacon
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup DARK TRUTH Imperial Stout
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Corn Syrup
Set-up your EGG for indirect cooking at 350°F.
- Mix together brownie mix, eggs, oil, and chocolate stout until creamy.
- Stir in peanut butter chips, and pour into greased 9x13 cake pan.
- Sprinkle with cooked bacon and bake for 30-40 minutes until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
DARK TRUTH Imperial Stout Fudge Sauce
- Melt butter, stir in the chocolate stout and corn syrup and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add in chocolate chips.
- Stir until melted, and cool before serving.